Player Code of Conduct
The Tarheel Golf Foundation and Tarheel Junior Golf Tour have been established to provide high quality, affordable local and nationally ranked competitions and educational events that contribute to the growth of the game of golf while serving the youth of North Carolina.
Members must agree to conduct themselves as gentlemen and ladies and to behave fairly and respectfully while participating in Tarheel Golf Foundation and events organized by other organizations. The conduct of our members reflects on the entire organization and the success of our organization is dependent on our membership being seen as desirable young players that golf courses, professionals, businesses and our communities want to associate with. As a condition of joining the Tarheel Golf Foundation and participation in the Tarheel Junior Golf Tour, members must agree to adhere to the Code of Conduct of the Tarheel Golf Foundation and Tarheel Junior Golf Tour.
VIOLATIONS OF CODE OF CONDUCT:
Any of the following actions by a TGF member at a TGF event, non-TGF event or toward another TGF member anywhere, constitutes a violation of the TGF Code of Conduct:
- Unsportsmanlike conduct, including abusive language, cheating, club throwing, disrespect to volunteers, officials or fellow competitors, or abuse of golf course property
- Not adhering to the dress code at host golf course
- Use or association with drugs or alcohol, or smoking or chewing tobacco products
- Conduct not becoming of a TGF player, such as acting in anger or creating other distractions
- Physical abuse, threat of physical abuse, verbal abuse, slander or libel towards other players, parents, host golf course staff or members, TGF staff or volunteers in any medium
REQUIRED DRESS AT THE GOLF COURSE:
- Hats/visors must be worn with brim forward
- Collared shirts or mock turtlenecks (host golf course permitting) must be worn and tucked in at all times
- Women’s fashion shirts without a collar must have sleeves
- Women’s fashion shirts must not rise above the belt line at anytime during the golf swing
- Women’s shorts must be no more than 5” above the knee OR the inseam of the shorts must measure at least 5”
PROHIBITED DRESS AT THE GOLF COURSE:
- Tank tops, T-shirts
- Denim shorts, short-shorts, cut-off shorts, gym shorts, jeans
- Attire or personal items that may be considered offensive or distracting to other players, parents, the host facility or spectators
Proper attire is required at all times at the host golf course, and related activities. Questionable attire will be reviewed by the Tournament Committee. Should a host golf course have a stricter dress code, its policy will take precedence. Players in violation will not be allowed to tee off.
Players are requested to check-in at event venues at least 60 minutes prior to their tee time. Additionally, at some events players may be attend any designated mandatory registration meetings. Such mandatory registration meetings will be clearly identified at the time of event registration online. Failure to attend required meetings without prior approval may result in a player not being allowed to compete in that event.
CODE OF CONDUCT VIOLATION PENALTIES:
Any Code of Conduct violation will result in a written letter to the player and his or her parent/guardian. The TGF Tournament Committee may assess any or all of the following penalties based on severity and frequency of the violation(s):
- One-stroke penalty for each act of unsportsmanlike behavior on the golf course
- Immediate disqualification from the tournament at which the violation occurs
- Depending on the severity of the violation, a tournament disqualification may also result in disqualification from the next event(s) for which a player has been accepted
- The TGF reserves the right to suspend or revoke a player’s membership for a major breach of the TGF Code of Conduct
- Violation of the TGF Code of Conduct may affect a players eligibility for invitational and post-season honors TGF members violating the TGF Code of Conduct at non-TGF events are also subject to the penalties above based on severity.
In the event of a suspension, both the player and parent/guardian will be required to submit a written account of the Code of Conduct violation to the TGF Executive Committee within 30 days of the suspension. The Executive Committee will determine the length of the suspension after reviewing all submitted materials, including a TGF tournament staff account of the violation. Any player whose membership is under suspension will not be eligible for postseason honors.